Our new and improved India inspired bar, Haldi (aka, Turmeric), draws on both traditional and scientific wisdom.
Turmeric, red lentils and ghee may sound like the base of a fine Indian dish, but the skin-care benefits of these ingredients are as great as their many varied uses.
- Turmeric has been applied ceremonially for its healing, antiseptic, protective and purifying qualities for centuries. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3535097/
- Red Lentil powder has great absorbency to draw impurities from pores and is a gentle exfoliator.
- Calendula is a time honored medicinal herb that is used to soothe sensitive skin and tighten pores. Calendula tops our Haldi bar.
- Saponified Ghee is rich in vitamins A, D, E, K2 and antioxidants as well as an excellent moisturizer.
Paired with the sweet earthy smell of sandalwood, this soap not only smells wonderful, but is a gently exfoliating and moisturizing soap. It's one of our favorite all purpose bars.
All together, this bar comprises olive oil, tallow, coconut oil, ghee, shea butter, fragrance, turmeric, red lentils and calendula.
- Humbly wise and interesting
- Mild cleanser
- Good moisturizer
- Gentle exfoliator